Promote peace through the respect we show, understanding we foster and cooperation we seek with our Sister Cities around the world - one individual, one community at a time.
Sister Cities of Louisville strives to foster a continuing reciprocal relationship between the people of Louisville and our Sister Cities. To that end, SCL promotes, fosters, and publicizes local, state, and national programs of international municipal cooperation. Likewise, SCL encourages other organizations to engage and participate in such programs, and to promote friendly relations and mutual understanding.
SCL is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to global friendship, multicultural understanding, and economic growth by developing lasting relationships between the Louisville area and Sister Cities around the world. For over forty years, SCL has been highly recognized in the community as an international citizen diplomacy network. At Sister Cities of Louisville, we believe in establishing people-to-people connections with our citizens and twin partners.
- To create opportunities for Louisville citizens and citizens of Sister Cities to work together in creating international community partnerships.
- To develop municipal partnerships between Louisville and its Sister Cities.
- To stimulate exchanges and projects in the areas of professional economic development, education, community initiatives, arts and culture, medicine, tourism, and? technology.
- To promote public awareness of our Sister Cities through community outreach and people-to-people relationships.
- To collaborate with local international organizations with similar goals.